The Euro-Par PhD Symposium is a welcoming and supportive forum for PhD students to present their work, meet and interact with peers, and to receive constructive feedback about their work from experts in the Euro-Par community. The program will feature technical presentations by PhD students, and discussions in panel and open formats. Contributions accepted to the PhD Symposium will appear in the Euro-Par companion proceedings.
We invite submissions from PhD students at any stage of their doctoral studies. Applicants must be officially enrolled in a PhD Program at the time of submission, and each submission MUST be backed by an endorsement from the official PhD adviser(s). Required submission files are as follows:
- Proposal (in Springer LNCS format, no longer than 6 pages with references) including:- Title of work, author and affiliation- Abstract of the work- Brief description of work being/planned to be done, including the problem being addressed, the research methodology, and preliminary results (if any)
- Adviser Statement of Support on institutional letterhead (no longer than 2 pages), including:- Declaration that the applicant is their PhD student, and the length of time of this relationship - Confirmation of support for applicant’s participation- The applicant's expected academic contributions- The level of work that has been achieved by the student (in the course of or before the PhD work)- How the student will prepare for the event- How the student plans to attend the event (i.e. in person or online) - How travel and accommodation costs are to be met, if planning to attend in person- The expected impact of attending the event on the student's work.
We are happy to announce that we can cover the registration fees of 15 student attendees; 15 awards will be funded by the Euro-Par Foundation. To qualify, you should be a PhD student studying Informatics and Computing Science at the time of the event.
On top of the above specific criteria for each studentship, the following criteria will be used:
- Explicit recommendation by the advisor(s) is paramount, as awards will be given based on the strength of the advisor(s) letter.
- Priority will be given to in-person attendees.
Successful applicants may be asked to undertake some tasks to assist the running of Euro-Par 2023.
20 May 2023
1 July 2023
15 July 2023
The submission consists of:
- Proposal: A manuscript that address item 1 of the call -- see above.
- Adviser letter: A statement of support from the applicant's adviser(s) as described in the call. Both elements are to be submitted together as a single PDF to EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=europar2023
The symposium committee members will review the submitted applications based on originality, technical strength, quality of presentation, and relevance to the conference. Submitted documents that do not meet the above requirements might be rejected without a review. All submitted proposals will be checked for originality by Springer iThenticate (proposals which show an insufficient originality might be rejected without a review).